Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- We are a small, traditional nursery with traditional values offering extended flexibility to suit modern day life. Situated in a self contained nursery building with its own landscaped garden, surrounded by 25 acres of woodland and fields.
- Our open plan building provides space for our two settings.
- With a team of dedicated and experienced Nursery Practitioners who have between 7 and 12 years of commitment to Sherrardswood School.
- We take childcare vouchers and we are part of the Government scheme offering up to 15 hours a week of free nursery care.
- Children can join Sherrardswood Nursery in the September after they turn 2 years old.
- We offer a hot lunch to all children.
- Our youngest children, Hedgehogs, join us the September after they turn 2, moving to pre-school Badgers the following September.
2 – 3 year olds (8.30am – 1.00pm or 8.30am – 3.30pm)
We suggest that the children attend at least 3 half day sessions per week for continuity and to experience a variety of play and learning opportunities. There is a high ratio of staff to children to accommodate their needs – 1:4 and this may rise to 1:5 in the Summer term. All children will have a hot lunch in the dining room.
3-4 year olds (8.30am – 1.00pm or 8.30am – 3.30pm)
Children can join the Badgers in the September after their 3rd birthday. This session is designed to prepare the children for their transition and entry to Reception and full time school. The curriculum is stimulating and challenging. Children are encouraged to attend the five half day sessions to ensure they gain the most from our pre-school provision. The ratio for this setting is 1:8. All children will have a hot lunch in the dining room.
“It’s like dropping my child off with family every day!”-Mrs Kempton