- Our Reception children are based in airy classrooms, each with their own annex, on the first floor of Lockleys House.
- They have their own outside play space surrounded by 25 acres of woodland and fields.
- Specialist teachers in Physical Development, Forest Schools, French and Music complement an action packed Early Years Curriculum.
- Children follow an individualised curriculum, working at their own pace through carefully planned learning experiences, building strong foundations for future learning.
- Reception children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum with emphasis on traditional values, reading, writing and numeracy
“Reception gives the children a fun and nurturing environment in which they can learn and develop. They begin to read and write without even realising they are learning! The balance of play and learning enables an easy and fun transition between Nursery and KS1”.Quote from a selection of Reception parents
“We like Reception because we have lots of play time and we learn our letters. The best bit is choosing time when you go into groups and do work together”.Quote from Grace and Freya aged 5 years old