We are currently looking for a Chef to join our school in Welwyn.
The successful candidate will be working independently and under the guidance of the catering manager to ensure the provision of both the day-to-day food and beverage service for parents, staff, and children and catering for special events.
About Sherrardswood School
We are a small and friendly, co-educational school with an outstanding reputation for first-class care and education for children between the ages of 2 to 18 years. We have been educating and enriching the lives of young people for almost a century and are proud of our long history of academic excellence.
About the Position
- Food preparation and cooking activities.
- Food service activities
- Observation of health, safety security, and hygiene in the kitchen.
- The promotion of a caring environment and good inter-department relations
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Team
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong sense of awareness and willingness to learn
- Is well presented
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Pattern: 7am to 2:30pm, Monday to Friday, All year round
Salary: Commensurate on experience
Application Closing Date: 27th June 2022
Start Date: Immediate start available
If you would like to find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
HOW TO APPLY
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check and references, costs covered by the school. We are an equal opportunities employer. Sherrardswood School has been providing nurturing and focused education for boys and girls since 1928.