We are seeking a passionate and experienced Science Technician to join our exceptional Science department. Could that be you?
As our Science Technician, you will play a critical role in supporting our science faculty and students in conducting experiments and practical demonstrations. You will be responsible for the preparation, maintenance and organisation of our laboratory equipment and materials. Additionally, you will assist teachers in the setting up and cleaning down of experiments, ensuring a safe and efficient learning environment for all.
As part of this role, you will also be required to teach A-Level Chemistry.
About the Role.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all practical, assessment and examination requirements of the Science Department are met punctually.
- Ensuring that all apparatus, equipment and chemicals provided are in a serviceable condition and to pre-test requisitions when necessary for assessments.
- Maintaining and supplying safety equipment within the working environment.
- Implementing changing practical requirements connected with new examination syllabi.
- Improving existing experiments and developing new ideas and alternatives to the suggested apparatus.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A bachelor’s degree in science.
- Experience in a school or laboratory setting.
- An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- An awareness of and commitment to the ethos of the school.
Why Choose Us?
At Sherrardswood School, we are dedicated to creating an environment where both students and staff flourish. In addition to being part of an exceptional team, here is what you can expect:
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Coaching development programme.
- Teaching and learning focus.
- Pastoral development.
- ‘Refer a Friend Scheme’ for a financial reward.
- Bursary for your dependent children.
- Wellness programme.
- Access to life assurance.
- Mentorship programme.
- Free lunch provided.
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
If you feel like this role aligns with your experience, we encourage you to apply!
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please fill out our Application Form and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.
Please also fill out our form below and a member of our Recruitment Team will be in contact with you shortly.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sherrardswood School!
Sherrardswood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, with costs covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.