We are looking for an outstanding, inspirational and passionate Physics Teacher to join our team at Sherrardswood School, in Welwyn, Hertfordshire.
Founded in 1928, Sherrardswood School is a highly regarded and successful independent co-educational day school with approximately 360 pupils aged 2 to 18. Our location and beautiful grounds provide the ideal setting for creating a secure and happy atmosphere, which encourages each child to develop their gifts and unlock their potential.
About the Role
You will work as a member of the team to develop Physics within the school;
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and support a designated curriculum area as appropriate for KS3 to Sixth Form.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To set high expectations for pupils' behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline.
- To ensure that the current requirements of examination boards are met.
- To contribute to the extra-curricular timetable and duties of the Senior Department as directed by SMT.
- To take at least two after school clubs per week.
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: 15th June 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 21st June 2021
To find out more about this role, please read the Job Description here
HOW TO APPLY
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check and references, costs covered by the school. We are an equal opportunities employer. Sherrardswood School has been providing nurturing and focused education for boys and girls since 1928.