Are you hard-working? Passionate? And looking for a job in education where you can make a difference?
We are seeking an enthusiastic Site Assistant to join our wonderful school in Welwyn.
About Sherrardswood School
We are a small and friendly, co-educational school with an outstanding reputation for first-class care and education for children between the ages of 2 to 18 years. We have been educating and enriching the lives of young people for almost a century and are proud of our long history of academic excellence.
About The Position
Contract Type: Full Time, All Year Round
Work Pattern: 8.00 am till 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: up to 16k
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Company Pension, Life Assurance
Start Date: September 2022
Application Closing Date: 8th August 2022
Your Main Responsibilities Will Include
- Carrying out relevant duties on responsive and planned works as requested to school specifications and standards.
- Working under the direction and guidance of experienced Site Manager, support the delivery of our repairs and maintenance services.
- Repairs and restoration work.
- Working in accordance with the information, instruction and training given safely and efficiently and to inform the Team Leader or site manager of any potential safety hazards not adequately controlled.
- Completing timesheets and other relevant documentation to the satisfaction of your line manager.
- Using authorised equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised.
- Working as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Loading and unloading materials and equipment as directed.
- Working flexibly across the repairs and maintenance service.
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Team.
- Confident communicator and able to deal with problems.
- Knowledge of building maintenance and Health and Safety Experience of dealing directly with customers.
- Good interest in repairs and restoration work.
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out our Application Form and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.
Sherrardswood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.