Welcome to Sherrardswood Parents and Teachers Association (PTA). This section of the website provides information on the PTA, what they do and how to become involved.
All current parents are automatically members of the Sherrardswood PTA, a registered charity (Sherrardswood PTFA). The day-to-day running of the PTA is in the hands of the Executive Committee which is elected at an Annual General Meeting held in the Summer Term. We warmly welcome all new parents and encourage participation – however great or small. Getting involved with the PTA is a great way to meet other parents and to get to know Sherrardswood better, as well as to make a valuable contribution to your child’s future.
Each Year group has one or more Class Representatives (Reps). This person helps to gather and disseminate relevant PTA information as well as maintain the current year group’s contact list. Where possible, the Class Reps attend the PTA meetings.
You can find out a lot about a school by seeing what the PTA does. We think our school is the best, and we also like to think that our association is pretty good, too! Browse around our site, feel free to attend one of our public events, and get a flavour for what Sherrardswood School is all about. We would love to see you at our regular PTA meetings for a coffee, chat and to find out what is happening in and around the school.
Funds raised by the PTA go towards buying ‘extras’ for the school which include non-essential equipment – all of which enhance your child’s school experience. Recent purchases have included:
- Refurbishment and equipping the Prep playground
- Provision of coins for the Golden Jubilee
- Provision of coronation coins for the King’s Coronation 2023
- Refurbishment of the Wingate Library
- Provision of outside table tennis tables around the school
- Provision of a 3D printer for the Design and Technology department
- First Aid training for all students
The PTA organise and help out at a number of events throughout the school year including:
- Nearly new uniform sale
- Fireworks night
- Father Christmas visit (with Chocolate Gift)
- Dinner dance/drinks party for parents and friends
- Serving refreshments at music/sports events
- Mother’s and Father’s day gift sales
- Parent/staff quiz nights
- Easter bunny visit (with chocolate eggs for all pupils)
- Tuck shops
- Bags to School
- Family. Fun Festival and school birthday celebration
On a monthly basis, we hold our own lottery known as 'Lucky Numbers' and a joining form is available from the PTA.
The overall objective of the PTA is to serve and promote the interests of Sherrardswood School and in particular to:
- Encourage co-operation and good relations between all those associated with the school.
- Help, improve and develop the school’s facilities through fundraising.
- Make the best use of members’ advice, abilities and voluntary help in extracurricular activities.
- Arrange fundraising and social events.
The AGM is held each year in the Spring Term, when new members can be elected to serve on the Committee.
Chair: Debbie Andrea
Joint Secretaries: Ola Adamson and Lucy French
Joint Treasurers: Matt Reynolds
Events Coordinators: Mia Advani, Naz Ozdemir and Kim Botham